Greetings, my friends. Si habéis llegado hasta aquí es porque me conocéis, así que poco más que decir. Si no me conocéis es que Internet da más miedo cada vez.

En cualquier caso...

BIENVENIDOS - BENVINGUTS - WELCOME -BIENVENUS -
ようこそ

18 de enero de 2011

30STM Live in Barcelona!

This entry is not beta-tested, so excuse the language mistakes :P

Okay. Yes, yes, I like to take my sweet time to review stuff. I think my average is managing to post a month after the event at hand. So here I am, the event being…

30 Seconds to Mars in Barcelona!

18 December 2010

Or, as apparently a real fan would say: 30STM ^_^

First of all, to give you guys the appropriate context as I found myself doing several times prior and after the concert:

  • 30STM is a (quoting Wikipedia) hard rock, emo, neo-progressive, progressive metal, alternative metal and post-grunge band. That is, nobody has the slightest idea about how to classify it.
  • Jared Leto is the lead singer.
  • Jared Leto… the actor U_
  • Geez, Hephestion in Alexander, anyone? Hmmm, Requiem of a Dream? Mr. Nobody?
  • This one :P


  • Yes, he sings. Go figure. And he’s pretty crazy too, if you check out the music videos.

Gotta give my friends some credit. 30STM is not very known in Spain. Actually, I admit I must have discovered the band (not Jared, I knew him, of course) about a year ago or so, when I stumbled upon a LJ page (I don’t remember if it was you, Gaelic, may have been, girl ;)) with From Yesterday in the “Current music” field.


So I checked it out. I thought it was interesting, but not exactly my style. Too… glam-ish, lacking a better way to put it. I still got the album, don’t get me wrong, I liked them. Just didn’t go too much into it at the time.

My rediscovery came when a few months ago I found an acoustic version of The Kill (see previous entry Dear Journal), in my quest for inspiration to keep trying to play guitar. Without the natural artifice and paraphernalia of the album version, I realized for real what a BEAUTIFUL voice this guy has. The Kill is a great song, definitely. It’s become my favorite 30STM song since then and it got me to try more of their stuff.

I was just in the middle of this process of becoming a fan when… Ta daaa!! I found out they were playing in Barcelona that week!

Fate is fate is fate.

I got the ticket, couldn't find anyone to go with me and ended up imposing myself to this lovely crowd. Diana, thanks!! And Norma and Bea, you guys are awesome. It was really nice to meet you!! ;)

You want to know more? Click here.


L xx

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario